Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Letter To My Old Best Friend

Dear ________,

How have you been? According to your snapchat stories, it seems like you've been enjoying your time at college. I hate that we used to tell each other everything and now we all we know is what we post on social media.

I just want to let you know I'm thankful for those years that we spent together as friends. Thank you for being there during all those stupid high school crushes and being there to dance with me during the slow songs at the high school dances when neither of us had dates. And those late night McDonalds runs because we just wanted ice cream in the middle of the night. And all those inside jokes that we would try to explain to people, but they wouldn't find them funny. Or even when we started to like someone the other wouldn't know so we would Facebook stalk them together.

And thank you to your family for being my second family. When we would decide randomly that we wanted to have a sleepover at like 9pm, and I'd come over and they'd already be asleep but then we would wake up in the morning to the smell of breakfast cooking.

I won't lie and say I don't miss you sometimes. I do. But we aren't friends anymore for reasons, whatever they may be, I don't hold a grudge against you.

And to your new friends: please appreciate her because she deserves a friend as good as she was to me over the years. She'll do anything for you, but don't take advantage of that. Be kind and just know, that if you do her wrong, you're doing me wrong and I'll get you for that. I'm still very protective because even though we may not be as close anymore, we were at one time and that means something.

We had so many good memories together, and I'm thankful for them all. Just because we aren't friends anymore, doesn't mean I wish we never were. I'm so glad I was able to have a friend as good as you for those years. Just because we aren't close anymore, doesn't mean I don't wish you well. I hope you are doing awesome and I hope all your classes are going fantastic, and that someday you will get everything we ever dreamed about.

Best Wishes,
Your Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment